Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday

Well. Not much to say. Preseason Hockey is BACK! To check out the results of the Anaheim Ducks Unused Colo(U)r Contest, which me and Jake both have entries for, check out Hockey Jersey Concepts.

PICK THE LYNX JERSEY! VOTING ENDS FRIDAY!




SPRINGFIELD SHARPSHOOTERS Jake88




I like the Sharpshooters jersey set in general, but I'm not a fan of the brown. I think black replacing the brown to make a "06 Flyersish" set would be sharp! I always like seeing helmets in jerseys especially if its a final draft for a team. I like the alternate but think the bottom of the back of the jersey is empty. Maybe move the numbers and the name bar down some and you would be spot on.

Jersey Rating 8.5/10

Buffalo Sabers Caden (Yes me!)

I made this Buffalo Sabers jersey incorporating design features from all the eras except the Black/Red era.

Template: BuffaSlug 
Logo: Original
Colors: Buffalo's new 3rd (Not really an era but I wanted something pointing to that)


The third Jersey is somewhat modeled after their current thirds
Tell me what you think in the comments!!!



Oulun Kärpät Jake88


I know nothing about international hockey! So I Google imaged the Kärpät and found 2 things. 1 they must have won the league championship a billion years in a row cause all I could find were Championship pics! 2, these jerseys a 500% better than what they have! 



None of the teams they were playing had great jerseys either! That doesn't mean these jerseys are perfect, just better. It doesn't seem like their league does the colored glove thing either. (for you readers in Canada, "Coloured")

I only have 4 critiques for this amazing set! 
\
1: The arm stripes cutting through the piping.
2: The shade of yellow on the logo being noticeably different that the shade of yellow in the striping.
3: No shoulder patch.
4. The numbers seem too small.

Change those and you would have a perfect set!

Concept Rating, 8.8/10

Evansville Rivermen

Even though it had already been leaked, The Rivermen ask me to do the unveiling and review of their jersey. Well here it is! I like it as an alternate. everything just goes together so perfectly! Except for the back. I would have raised the numbers some so they weren't touching the hem/back stripe. I think the wordmark is a little boring but again its good for an alternate! The main logo on the shoulders would look nice too.

Jersey Rating: 8.5/10

Also a hint to the 6th and final HCIHL team.
It will be a Canadian team, and will be in the same city as an NHL team.
Happy guessing!




Thanks for reading!

Caden





1 comment:

  1. These are Oulu's current jerseys.

    https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/597/660/original.jpg

    ReplyDelete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.