Wednesday, September 18, 2013

45th Post in HCI History

Hey guys, you know what today is, right? HHHHHHUUUUUUUUMMMMMMPPPPPP DDDDDDDAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!! I hope through all of that you do now. Today we have my usual one concept plan, but today I can show you my USSR jersey concept, since it was on HJC today. I don't really have anything left to say so ON TO THE CONCEPTS!


PICK THE LYNX JERSEYS! VOTING ENDS FRIDAY!

St. John's Icecaps (Jake88/Me)
Ok, first I think (I forget who said on HJC, but someone did before me) that AHL teams should build off the parent club's design but not copy it. For me the perfect example of that is the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins as they don't exactly copy the Pens jerseys, but add red and build off of it. EDIT: Forgot, AHL teams like Hersey and Rochester can keep their looks since they are established; that's one of my other AHL likings. So if they aren't established (15 years at least) they should take after the parent club, but not copy. Back to the unedited post. Sadly, even though the Icecaps have an excellent logo the jerseys are just Winnipeg copies, which isn't bad but isn't original. I tried to make these original, or at least different, than other Reebok messes which live in the AHL. I kept the yoke like on the Jets, and the grey collar insert like on the Jets, too. I think it talks for itself.

USSR Contest Jersey (Jake88/Me)
For this one I made for the USSR contest on HJC. I'll start with the home and away. The point in the striping is suppose to resemble the star in the logo which I made. The same is with the hem stripe. The number font is like the script, rounded. On to the third. I kept the diamonds that have always doned the Soviets jerseys. On arm striping I added another diamond to complete the look. On the home and away I put a "hanger effect" like thing with 19 (Star) 22, the year the USSR was founded. 

If you are wondering about the title, just think, HCI has 5 more posts to the big five O! Fittingly the guy who started this site, Caden, gets to write the 50th post! As always thanks for reading and bye! 

*EDIT BY CADEN*

The only reason this site is nearing 50 posts is because YOU guys send in jerseys! KEEP IT UP, and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.