Sunday, October 13, 2013

Post for the "Night Owls" !

Sorry for the Lateness! Me and Jake have been busy and Justin hasn't contacted me, so I guess I [Caden] will be writing today's post! 

HCIHL scores (At time of press)


These scores aren't final, but the Rivermen pretty have their game in the bag. I would almost dare to say that for Altoona too! The London/Hamilton game is pretty close though! Tomorrow when I get a chance I will put the Final scores on the HCIHL website.

On to the Concepts!

Toronto Maple Leafs (Justin Sulpico)

Justin gives us a "Team Canadaish" jersey set for our 1st concept today and I (here comes the scorn) REALLY LIKE IT! If you took all extra leaves off like around the captins "C" and on the back, and then made the stripes straight. You would have a great jersey! I'm a fan of out of the box stuff (as you see with 75% of my concepts) and this is great! The triangle stripes don't match the look of the jersey so I have to give this jersey a 

6.9/10




Evansville Icemen (Jake88)


Jake has a concept for my favorite team, The Evansville Icemen! I like the striping and font, the choice of colo(u)rs and everything! I would have done the "Face" on the helmet, or just the regular logo. The wordmark doesn't stand out enough! One note for your future ECHL concepts, their is a new rule in the ECHL that mandates the wool socks. Instead of the synthetic ones. To benefit lower budget teams.  Also gloves have to be one color and Reebok edge jerseys aren't allowed. 

Concept Rating 9.5/10

Thanks for reading! The next post from each writer will tell what they thought of "Mighty" Aniheim Ducks throwback night! Stay tuned!!!

Thanks for reading! 

Caden

2 comments:

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.