Monday, October 14, 2013

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Still Look Good!

Hey guys! Hope everyone watched the Ducks get a franchise record 54 shots on goal while wearing the franchise's first uniforms! To tell the truth, being a 13 year old and a Pens fan, I never got to see the Mighty Ducks uniforms in action, until last night, and can I say, THEY LOOK SPECTACULAR! The CCM designers that first thought them up must have been thinking "they (the jerseys) look amazing on Edge too; why did Reebok scrap them"? And other than the 90's logo, Reebok should have brought them into Edge. Also we can buy the jerseys at Shop.nhl.com, but not on the Edge template. Seriously, why would Reebok sell the jerseys on the CCM template rather than their own. Also to note, for some reason there is no 20th anniversary patch or any customization. 

In the HCIHL, the Altoona Express beat Skopje Lisici by a score of, 179.8 to 156.4. The Rivermen topped the Louisville Lynx 108.8 to 68.9, and lastly the Hamilton Stags scored 155.1 points to beat the London Sabreswords 155.1 to 144.1. Remember to keep up with the HCIHL here. On to the concepts!

_________________________________________________________________________

Charlottetown Islanders (Justin Sulpico)
To start off with this concept, I like the connection with the NHL's Islanders. The font, being the same as the Islanders, and the template too. I'm not sure if I like the gold font, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Of course there are execution errors, but whoever the HJC writer who reviewed this found them and told Justin them, so I won't mention them. I know that you didn't design the logo, but just my one problem with it since it came out, is that it uses an almost Arial like font in the top part of it. Concept Rating 7.8/10 (Execution errors, without execution errors a 8.5/10)

Anaheim (Mighty) Ducks (Justin Sulpico)
Sorry Justin, I CAN'T STAND THE OREGON STYLE WINGS! Those don't belong on a football jersey, much less a hockey jersey! I'd just add a shoulder patch myself. I like the stiping, but maybe to make the color balancing better, I'd make the cuffs on the white jersey black, and the wings (there has to be any) on the black jersey bronze or green. Concept Rating 7.4/10

___________________________________________________________________________________

Bye guys, and I will see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Okay Jake, I will explain - The team doesn't own the branding, Disney does because the movies and cartoons started before the team. Therefore, the team gets second dibs. Then Disney sold the team to the Samueli Family. Also Reebok didn't want it either because it didn't fit any of the templates they had at that time.

    As for the customization, maybe they'd cut a deal with CCM to have them reproduced, but were limited to what could go on it and how many were made in the compromise process, mine is authentic unlike the Reebok replicas.

    ReplyDelete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.