Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday, badda ding, badda dong Denver.

Dammit Denver! With all the money I had riding on you (exactly 0$), you'd think you'd do better. I'm sure if there was a power outage the outcome would have been different. As I always say, "It's just a game." Which is probably why I think pro athletes get paid WAY too much. If the highest you could pay an NHL player was 200,000 a year,  players still wouldn't be able to find many jobs that pay that much outside of sports, and teams like Phoenix and Columbus would be set! And ticket prices would be cheaper! Anyways, an Icemen 1st line defensmen (also our Captian) Guy Lepine, has been called up to the Utica Comets, and I'm hoping we can snap the 3 game loss streak without him, against one of the lowest ranked teams in the conference this weekend.




AHL Stadium Series Alan John Herbert
~WRITERS PICK NOMINATION BABY~

Design: Though these designs are creative, and look modern and new, which is what the Staidum Series is about (at least what I got from it), there are a few design flaws. The font works on both jerseys. The colors are balanced nicely. I would have made the numbers on the Bridgeport jersey blue, with a white outline. The striping on both jerseys works for the respective team. I would give the wolf pack a wordmark on their jersey, instead of that dumb looking logo.

Execution/Presentation: If there were to be an AHL Stadium Series, using the same teams as the NHL, I believe the farm teams would use the same jerseys as their parent NHL clubs, but with different logos. Not what I would want, but it would probably be the case. You might want to add helmet logos, and move the New York (Hartford) namebar over a few pixels.



Philadelphia Flyers Brian B   


Wow, of this was a real thing,  I could imagine the Fluers GM's sitting around a table going, "Let's design a jersey based upon our biggest rival's infamous 3rd!" Yup, first thing I thought.

Design: As I said, the first thing I thought was Pittsburgh's gradient jersey. Gradients worked better with Pens colors than Flyers colors. I like how you cut off the chest stripe to fit the logo, and the gradient lines coming off the tail of the "P"  fits with the design. I don't think the orange and black work together with gradients. It turns the whole thing almost brown. If the main part of the jersey was orange, and you removed the lines from the chest stripe, you'd have a keeper. I would use a lighter orange than the shade used in the socks.

Execution/Presentation: Pretty good presentation, I would have made the socks gradient as well (it's do-able I promise you) if that was the design you were going to choose. Throw a helmet logo on there too.




I hoped you enjoyed reading. You can make your own designs to be featured on HCI, go to out "Templates" page to get started. We post every concept sent in, so what's to lose?


~Caden

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.