Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday: Gold. Enough Said.

Hi guys, Justin here. If you're not living under a rock, you've probably heard well by now that CANADA HAS WON DOUBLE GOLD IN HOCKEY!!!! YEAAAA CNADA!!!11!!!1 (Sorry for my random outburst of text patriotism). Sweden won the silver medal by losing to Canada 3-0 earlier today. To the concept(s).

Irish Field Hockey concepts. By Nick S.

Here's what Nick had to say about his concept: "I made these 4 concepts for a pro hockey league if hockey ever gets popular in Ireland. They like field hockey more than ice hockey for some reason. The 4 teams represent the provinces of Ireland. I stole the logos from the rugby teams that represent each of the provinces in real life. I'm not a big fan of teams having white jerseys so I only used them where I thought they would work better than another colored jersey."

Via quick Google search, "Leinster" is indeed an Irish rugby team. I see the Sabres-esque striping on the jersey on the right. I understand the mismatched coloired jerseys. Some European sports clubs (especially soccer) have one uniform that matches the team colours and the other uniform that has completely out-of-hand colours. I would suggest filling in the "side-belly/underarm" section with blue for aesthetic purposes.

That's this weekends post. Till next week, i'll be eating my poutine, riding my polar bear, feeding my beaver, and driving my Zamboni through the Tim Hortons drive-thru for some Timbits and such. But most importantly, acknowledging the fact that CANADA WON DOUBLE GOLD IN OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!! Canada wins 2 gold medals in hockey? I call that a double-double. (canadian refernce haha ba-dum-tss...)

-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.