Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday: The 164st

I know 164 isn't very important, but it's been awhile since HCI has had a number as a post name. And quite frankly, I'm out of titles. I forgot to put this in my post on Monday, so I thought it wasn't too late to put it in now. My hockey team went on a bus trip to play a double A team in Prince William, Virginia. The first game was close, just not as much on the scoreboard, the final score was 2-0. The second game (the main reason I wanted to include this in the post) was again close, 3-2, the final, but not the reason I wanted to write about it. The team from Prince William decided to wear bright pink jerseys honoring breast cancer patients. At first it was a bit "hard" on the eyes, but after a little while, I got used to it and it was normal. I just find it pretty cool that they would do something like that. Well that's my little story, now for the reason you came, the concepts!

____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Atlanta Thrashers (By Dallas K.) 
Though I'd never be in favor of another team in Atlanta, I wouldn't mind if they wore jerseys like this. I don't think the space in the striping is necessary and with that change the striping on the white jersey should be Maroon, Yellow, Blue. Another thing I thought about when I first reviewed it, is the blankness of the hem. I think a normal hem stripe would be pretty boring, but maybe if you used a type of side panel striping similar to their old alternate, yeah the Motocross plus Football equals horrible hockey jersey alternate. If you make that line up with the arm striping I think that for a modern jersey it would look pretty good! Concept Rating 7.8/10
 
Carolina Hurricanes (By Dallas K.)
Now here's a southern city that should have a team. Carolina, has been a team with sellout crowds, unlike Dallas, and Florida. The striping, though it fits the logo, looks too Tampa. I would like it more if the yoke had a little zig zag in it too. I also don't really like the new logos, and I don't think Charlotte's logo fit's the main club. There should be more black in the white jersey and maybe some white in the black. Concept Rating 6.9/10
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
So come back tomorrow to see Caden's post, Friday for Ricky's, Saturday for Alan's, and Sunday for Justin's. Next up? Me again. Until then later...

2 comments:

  1. Dude! 2011-12, 2012-13, and 2013-14 Florida has had a high percent of people at their games than Carolina. And last season Carolina only beat Dallas by 2%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess you're right about that. Just from watching some Pens games and hearing about how you can get "10 Dollar" tickets in Dallas and Florida, I always had it in my mind that their attendance wasn't good.

      Note: Here is where you can find the attendance facts.

      http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

      Delete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.