Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday. Ah! So close!

For the entire week, the Rivermen/Stags matchup was really close, The Rivermen deactivated high scorer Shane Doan from the IR and we had two straight wins from Marc Fluery and the Pens. Alas, Hamilton beat us by only 11 points. It was so dissapionting as we are now back to .500 and tied with Louisville for 2nd place. I would just like to say that I heard from a sports writer here in Evansville that went to the Winter Classic that it was 10$ for a cup of hot chocolate. I think for that the Michigan Wolverines are not a very good organization when there are 105,000 people there they could make way enough money charging 3! That might not even be true, but I heard that. We have a couple nice concepts for today, so let's not waste time with my ranting. New competition coming soon.


Staidum Series LA (Matt Ware)


The first Matt of the day gives us a orange vs black matchup for staidum series one of 3 (or 4). I like the logos on both jerseys. The color balance is good, but I am concerned about the amount of black on the Anehiem jersey. If a LA player was watching the puck and just saw the bottom of the jersey he could easily mistake him for a player on his own team. Not really many concerns about execution. The striping looks spectacular. 

Concept Rating: Ducks 8/10, Kings 9/10








San Jose Sharks (Matt McElroy)
So Matt McElroy went to the Winter Classic, and got a custom (ugh) Red Wings jersey for Christmas, but I don't envy him at all. If it was a Leafs jersey...

The more grey the less orange in any San Jose concept is the way to go. I like the font and the way the striping is laid out. No front numbers! Yay! I think the pants would look better with a grey stripe near the bottom, like the Isles Staidum Series pants. And the black outline on the green numbers on the away blends. I would have gone with grey numbers with a black outline on both jerseys.

Concept Rating: 9.4/10







It's kinda late, but my parents gave me this (along other things) for Christmas. If you can't see what it is it's a quilt made with a bunch of my Dad's old hockey shirts and sweaters from teams he's worked for.
Just thought I would share. I also got NHL 13 (I stay behind one year to save money) Madden 13, and another controller to go with my new Xbox (360). But this creative hockey themed quilt was the highlight of my Christmas.


Did you like the lineup of concepts? What is your opinion on the Michigan Wolverines charging $10 for a cup of hot chocolate at the winter classic? Would you leave a different review/rating for any of the jerseys? Leave a comment! It's what they're there for.


~Caden


No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.