Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thursday. 3 to 2 Leafs.

Hey it's Caden, sorry for the late post. I loved watching the Winter Classic. Comp results tomorrow. Here we go!

Matt uses the Staidum Series logo, which is good for an alternate.

ORANGE: I like that orange was used. The Islanders dropped the ball on their first orange alternate and fixing it is a good idea. I like the blue collar and the blue outline on the logo. I'm not exactly a fan of the white numbers and NOB. Blue might have been a better choice.

BLUE: I like the orange collar and the shade of blue used. The logo looks nice as well.

BOTH: Though I like the color of the collars, I don't like that they are tie down. Tie down collars seem over used. I do like that you used the lighthouse shoulder patch. I really think the Isles need to turn the page with their 4 cup dynasty that happened when? Back in the 70s?!? I think 3 slightly thicker stripes would be a better fit for both jerseys. That really brings the jerseys down, as the stripes almost blend together.

Orange: 8.5/10
Blue: 8.7/10
Both: 8.6/10



I like that Mr. McElroy was able to include stars in this concept without overdoing them. I like the thin hem stripes and the arm stripes look cool. I love the slightly slanted NOB. I would have added a pants stripe. Something about it seems not right.

Concept Rating 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.