Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday: The 18th of January

Hi, blog-reading folk. I hope you're enjoying the remainder of your weekend. For those in Canada, I hope you had an enjoyable Hockey Day in Canada, which was yesterday, and for those also in Canada and in the United States, I hope you participated in National Hockey Card Day where card shops, London Drugs and Toys R Us locations across both countries gave away free packs of cards. I have the complete Canadian set which included a Nathan Mackinnon rookie card! I'm not too sure about the American set, which included American players and different cards. Anyway, TO THE CONCEPTS.


Edmonton Oilers by: K14 Koncepts


We jersey folk long for an orange Oilers jersey, and Mr. K14 does exactly that. I like the custom logo, I don't think I could pull off anything like that on Photoshop or something. I like the lace-up collar, a good change from the collars that the Oilers are currently using. I don't know why but a lack of hem stripe actually looks good. The yoke would look better if it was rounded off on the ends. God forbid numbers on the upper chest, please. They just look really tacky. In real life, the NHL has already slapped numbers everywhere. The backs, sleeves, backs of helmets, fronts of helmets (equally as tacky), San Jose and Buffalo already do it, 2 teams is enough.


HJC AHL Stadium Series entry by: Justin S. (me)


This was my entry into HJC's currently ongoing competition. It wasn't added because I sent it in 30 minutes after the deadline :/. Any of my fellow writers are free to review it in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.