Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday: The Hockey Rangers are Very Prevalent

We have two concepts today and by the way I got another new hockey jersey (and a baseball one)! I'm even bidding on a third one. While you'll get to see them, first thing's first. We have two concepts one is new and one is not. One is by an HCI writer and one is not. One has an alternate and one does not. One has some red and one does not. See a pattern here? I am beating around the bush a little too much, but all in good fun. Let's get to both right . . . NOW!

Creighton Bluejays
Submitted by: Justin Sulpico

As you may recall, our Sunday writer Justin Sulpico submitted this into our Creighton Bluejays competition a few weeks ago. While I don't like that he has brought back the old wordmark, Everything else is spot on His came in third place, but had I voted (like I thought I did) this would've been my selection. I'm not sold on the number font, but it makes sense and could be a lot worse than other fonts.

Submitted by: Matt McElroy

This Rangers Shield logo is a step backwards for the Rangers, who I'm guessing won't change still for at least another 10 years with the way technology is going. The red pants and its striping will be around, I'm sure. But wait, what is this?! The classic yoke striping is gone from the road white! Due to the classic yoke, I would get rid of what has been put in place and put the classic yoke back.


Though you've seen the Buffalo Sabres one already, I didn't have my camera handy as it was left in my dad's vehicle. Speaking of the Sabres (eh?), their front office layout has changed with the hiring of Tim Murray formerly of the Ottawa Senators as general manager (among other hires). Note the Christmas decor is still up from Orthodox Christmas in this picture (though there really isn't anything commercialized about it). The latter two came in yesterday so I was really excited - it made me forget about other bad news (home stuff) for a while, that is until I had to go back to it. I'm still working on the "acid trip" bidding (now at US $61 when last I checked yesterday night). Even though the Halos are a baseball team, I included it anyway.

All in all, we had a solid day at the office. It's a matter of time until teh HCIHL's Skopje Foxes continue to climb up in the standings. After an emphatic win last week, they are continuing on that good momentum to start this week. They could be in a heat for second place at the end of the game week. But no matter, off to create more concepts I go.

-Ricky

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.