Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday: How much Fuel to get to Europe?

Hey HCI readers! Caden here from Wheeling WV. Yes I know your saying "Wait! Isn't Caden from Evansville?" Well I am, But I traveled with the Icemen (ECHL) as an assistant to the Equipment Manager and then I will meet up with my family and we will drive south to my grandmother's for Christmas. Being away from home won't stop me from bringing you today's concept selection. If you ever want to have your concepts featured on HCI, Email them to hockeyconceptideas@gmail.com. We post every concept sent in!* So, Here we go!



Blue Jays Comp entries due Saturday!


TPS Turku [Jake88]

Jake88 is back to his "euromaster" ways, which I like. Even though its so easy to make better uniforms than European teams, since 90% of them suck!

What I like: I like the monochromatic colo(u)r scheme. It really fits the team. The Caps template looks modern, which I like. The piping in this case, actually isn't bad! 

What I don't like: The logo. I know it's the teams current logo recolored but it looks like a basketball logo. The TV numbers (For new readers who might not know, The arm numbers are sometimes called TV numbers since they originated for TV use) seem a bit to large. The pants/sock stripes seem weird with 3 stripes. The number font seems to classic for such a modern jersey. I would use this

What I would do: Make the pants/sock stripes one solid bar (If the jersey wasn't monocrome it would be better with 3), shrink the TV numbers by about 8%. Small change but it would make a big difference. I would also change the font to something more modern to fit the modern feel of the jersey.

Turkomazing idea! A couple changes would really help. A 7.9/10





Indy Fuel [Matt McElroy]
McElroy's Fuel Contest entry tied with mine for 2nd, and uses the checkered flag pattern much more subtly. 

What I Like: The subtle use of the checkered pattern looks good here. If only I had thought of that! The font works well. I even don't mind the mis-matching colo(u)rs for the number/NOB on the red jersey. The black pants look spectacular with the 2 stripes.


What I don't like: The white jersey's striping could use some black. I also don't care for red helmets for any team. Even if they match the jersey. There's a reason why MontrĂ©al wears blue! The yellow numbers on the white jersey.


What I would do: Change the red helmet to black. You might want to throw a logo sticker on there as well. Make the bottoms of the jersey/arms black on the white jersey so it inverts the red one. Make the numbers on the white jersey black instead of yellow and add a yellow outline.


A nice jersey. The pit crew needs to make a couple improvements before the green flag can wave. A 8.3/10




Evansville Rivermen [Matt McElroy]

Matt MC's 2nd concept of the day not only gives the Rivermen a different jersey design. But a new logo as well.


What I like: The fact that you made your own logo. Making logos is my weak point. That's a nice, sweet, simple logo. The lack of white jersey. My personal opinion is the more color, the better it looks on the ice and on TV. Not with all occasions. But most. I like the double outline on the blue jersey numbers. It looks classy to add to a modern jersey. Nice touch. I do wish I could see what the shoulder patch was in a full size picture. It looks pretty cool. 

What I don't like: The white pants stripe. White isn't featured prominently on much of the design, but its front and center on the pants. Both the crest and shoulder logo seem a bit too big, and I don't like that it's only on one shoulder.

What I would do: Change the pants stripe to yellow, and make the logos a bit smaller. I would add the shoulder patch on the other shoulder as well.

Perfect Idea! A couple barges (barges are famous in Evansville for being a nusince to boaters) need to  move. A 8.5/10









Did you like my simple way of reviewing jerseys today? Was I fair with my reviews? Is there a different rating system you want me to try instead of the typical Out/10 way? Are you a new HCI reader? Are you intrested in getting a HCIHL team for next season? Just leave a comment! We love to hear comments from the readers about how we can improve!

Until next Tuesday (Christmas eve), this is Caden saying, Peace out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.