Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday: Nothing Special

Welcome to a regular HCI post! No College Classic stuff, no HCIHL scores, and no contest winners to announce. Sounds fun right? But you can be the next contest winner by submitting an entry into the Creighton Bluejays comp.! Now that's fun!

Also I suggest you check out the new HCIHL website. You can click here, or to get to it easier click on the HCIHL tab. We've been posting a lot of news lately so I suggest you read some of it. But enough about that, on to the concepts!

 Creighton Bluejays Comp. Entries Due Saturday 

By Caden P.
By Justin S.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Dallas Stars 3rd (By Jeremy R.) 
Jeremy starts us out with an "unmarked concept", but seriously putting your name on your concept is really important. Everyday *thousands of concepts are stolen other concept artists.
*Number may be exaggerated just a little... 

Anyway, I can't say I truly like the concept that much. I see where Jeremy is coming from, with the arm striping from the white jersey, and hem from the green. But I really don't like the rest. The green numbers would be impossible to see from a distance, same with the name. Make those white, with a green outline. Also I don't prefer the green pit stains or piping. The way I'd fix this is put the hem striping as the arm striping, take out the piping/pit stains, and fix the number situation. As an execution errors go,the T.V. numbers are too small, and the black in the logo is different from the black on the jersey. Concept Rating 6.4/10 Not bad, just not for me.

Buffalo Sabres  (By Matt Mc.)
Matt provides us with a nice Sabres concept that doesn't fall out of favor with me. The striping is new and interesting, but the white part doesn't show up well on the yellow jersey, I'd find a way to fix that. The number font doesn't really fit the rest of the jersey if you ask me, but isn't horrible. The square yoke, though something Reebok would do, isn't something I prefer, rounded would fit. Though Matt's whole series he's been using dark helmets for white jerseys, which I don't mind here, but I thought I'd point it out. Concept Rating 8.2/10 Make those small changes and a 9/10 is in your future.


Pittsburgh Penguins Matching Stadium Series Jersey (By Brian B.)
Brian gives us a jersey to match the one the Pens just came out with. It fixes all the Stadium Series problems such as the chrome logo, weird TV numbers, and elongated back numbers. I didn't include the hem in there because I personally don't mind the hem, and I think that you should have it here too. either that or curve the stripe to get it to follow the hem like the Stadium Series jerseys. The only other problem that I have here is the collar insert, they keep it gold for a reason (in reference to Pittsburgh's golden triangle [also seen in the logo]). Concept Rating 8.5/10 I'd love to see my Pens wear both of those jerseys full time (minus the Chrome logo, ect...), but with those small fixes, I'd have one in my closet pretty fast!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Did you like to today's 3 concepts? Do you wish there was four? You can make four happen by sending a concept in! It's quick and easy! So get to your email provider right now and send your concept to HockeyConceptIdeas@gmail.com. I won't let you read anymore of this post because I know how important it is to send in those concepts, so bye and come back soon!

2 comments:

  1. What happens when Buffalo plays in Nashville?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The home team Gets to wear there home sweater I see it more as standard and clash Uniforms vs. home and away

      Delete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.