Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday! Thursday! Gotta get down on...

Hello HCI faithful! It's Caden here for my final post of the week. The intros are the hardest part to write. I mean, The stadium jerseys have been reviewed. In even more detail by Icethetics. There isn't much to say, so... Let's get ready to CONCEPTTTTTTTT!


INDY FUEL COMP ENTRIES DUE SATURDAY



Nashville Predators Brian B

Brian B makes slight changes to the Nashville Predators away jerseys. I like everything he's done, but it's not very creative. Not much of a "concept". BUT It is really nice. The piping works well. So does the yellow outline on the NOB. I've never liked Nashville's sock striping. I would make it match the hem stripes. 


What I would do: Change the helmet to white and add the other alternate logo (the skull thing) to the other shoulder, and you got a freakin nice concept! 

I Shea An 8/10!

*EDIT* Brian emailed me to tell me that he meant for the helmet to be white and that was a executional error on his part.




Anaheim Ducks "4th" jersey Steve M.

Steve M. Is nearing the end of his 4th jersey series, which has been a good series to say the least. Each jersey has been different and creative. This one I can't say that. I mean, it's a good idea to have an eggplant throwback as a 4th jersey for Aneheim, or even as a 3rd. It's just not really a concept. It's just like, "Here's a jerseys theve used before and should use again!" The execution is good. I do like the webbed "D" on the shoulders, but I would change it to match the colors in the main crest.

Nice, but not really a concept. A 6/10 

The reason the score was so low is because it's just an old jersey that you (and everyone else) would love to see on the ice full (4th jersey) time. You didn't really design much.






Buffalo Sabres Ricky M.

Wow! We have this concept from Ricky where a bunch is going on at one time. We have what looks like the Sabres current 3rd jersey template recolered with some extra stripes for the Home/Away jerseys. NTM that wordmark [logo] combo. On the 3rd we have original Sabres logo sans the circle as the main crest (which isn't bad) and what looks like a modified buffaslug template. With the Home/3rd we have a BUNCH of grey and numbers on the front of the jerseys. Which to me are two big nonos for Buffalo. I don't get having pants to match every jersey, but not helmets. Speaking of which WTF is that yellow thing on the front of the helmet? I like the touch of putting the 3rd jersey "C" on all 3 jerseys. The 3rd logo is good, the template is not.


What I would do: There isn't really anything to help. I would take it back to the drawing board but keep some of the better elements. Like the "C" or the non circled logo on the 3rd.


Too busy for the NHL. (Not saying the current 3rd isn't) Would look good in Europe. A 5.7/10



Thanks for reading! Was I too harsh on Ricky or Steve? Let us know in the comments! As always, Enjoy Tacos... Thanks for reading!









2 comments:

  1. I didn't fade the background enough . . . I had a headache and forgot to un-dim the monitor to check the visibility.

    ReplyDelete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.