Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday: Penguin Day!

Howdy everyone it's me Alan here for another Saturday post here on HCI! Today we got 2 Penguins concepts base on the Stadium Series! 

 Indy Fuel voting closes "TONIGHT!"

As speaking of Stadium Series, yesterday the Pens unveiled their jersey for their game against the Blackhawks, and I have to say it's look pretty good. I decide to give my quick review of the Pens Stadium Series.
Pictures from Sportslogos.net
Pictures from Sportslogos.net
Up Points: The yoke look weird, but creative. The Oilers style collar is an good idea. Finally the hem stripes looks nice.
Down Points: Chromed logo (not surprised.) Half stripes on the arms (also not surprised.) Tilted TV numbers, Why? Finally "what is up with the stretched numbers on the back?
Overall: Three things I got beef with, but still better then the team's current set that's for sure!
My Jersey Collection Rate: Buy it when it's on sale.

Last Sunday, I did an head to head post and everyone enjoy it, some question the match up, yes I did match an Europe team with an NHL team, but that's my first time of giving it an shot. Today there is two different versions of the Pittsburgh Penguins Stadium Series Concepts made by one artist, so I decide to put these two head to head to see if one is better then the Pens Stadium Series jersey, and one would make the team's current set (I hope not) look good, here we go. 

Pittsburgh Penguins Stadium Series Concept Version 1 [Jeremy R.]
Up Points: Collar lace with the new style yoke is an good combo. Arm stripes that's go all the way around is an smart move.
Down Points: Vegas gold, and black on the side doesn't fit with this jersey to my taste. An single hem stripe looks plain. Vegas gold on arm sleeves doesn't fit to me for odd reason. Lastly grey numbers, and grey arm stripes with black trim just not my cup of tea.
My Suggestion: Make the vegas gold sleeves white with black wrist stripe. Switch the grey with vegas gold.

Pittsburgh Penguins Stadium Series Concept Version 2 [Jeremy R.]
 Up Points: Collar lace with the new style yoke, including white trim on the yoke is an good combo. Arm stripes that's go all the way around is an smart move.
Down Points:  Black on the bottom side doesn't fit with this jersey to me. An single hem stripe looks bland. Lastly grey numbers, and grey arm stripes with black trim looks like it's blends with the vegas gold.
 My Suggestion: Switch the greys with white.

Winner: Despite both jerseys got grey on it that doesn't fit with the jerseys, nor does the single hem stripes. But in the end I say the "Version 2" is the winner, this jersey could be potential be the Penguins alternate jerseys, if the team goes all vegas gold love.

Well that's today post, be here tomorrow for the Sunday post. Until then, later.

1 comment:

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.