Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday: HCIHL Scores and More!

Hello all! Jake88 here, just like any Monday on HCI. As usual, we have some great concepts today, one by a great logo and template designer, one by a writer, and one be a man who's concepts haven't been seen on HCI yet! If you skip the HCIHL scores you can see the concepts now, but who would skip them? Here they are!

Evansville Rivermen 184.9 - London Sabreswords 126.8
Hamilton Stags 131.2 - Altoona Express 75.2
Louisville Lynx 167.7 - Skopje Lisici 152

How about them Lynx? 4-6 after being once 1-6 (right?). Meanwhile my Express have been worse than any other team in the HCIHL. This week we play the Rivermen, and need a win.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Fuel Comp. Vote Now!

Boston Bruins (By Matt Mc)
Matt brings us our first concept of the day and it's a good one. I like the inclusion of brown and a yellow home jersey. The balancing of colors on both jerseys are done nicely. I'm not sure if I like the brown helmet on the white jersey, and speaking of which, the helmets need logo stickers on them. My only other problem with this concept is the lack of yoke striping on the back of the jersey. I would have done what you did with the Philadelphia Aces (IceHL) team. Concept Rating 8.7/10

New York Islanders 3rd Jersey (By Ricky M.)
When I first saw this concept, I was thinking "What happened to Ricky? He normally does crazy mix and match templates, this is... normal." The thing is, with a crazy logo like this the crazy template would actually work. If anything it would compliment the logo. I really like the yoke striping, though. I dislike that the atlantic green and yellow are used in the logo and no where else. All in all the jersey is pretty plain while the logo certainly isn't. Concept Rating 7.2/10

Chicago Blackhawks Stadium Series Jersey (Jeremy R.)
HCI's newest artist gives us a Chicago stadium series jersey that I really would not be surprised to see on the ice. The white yoke and hem stripe fit with the Isles jersey, and the elongated numbers fit with every jersey and t-shirt out so far. I don't like how the T.V. numbers are placed since there would be a huge gap in between them. On an execution error the black used in the name is different from the black everywhere else. Concept Rating 8/10

*EDIT BY CADEN*
Always remember to put your Name/ID on the concept outside the jersey. Not just on the NOB.



_____________________________________________________________________________

So do you think that I was unfair to a new artist, or that I was too picky with Matt? Tell me!

In my hockey life, we had two games this weekend that featured a 8-2 win and a 4-1 win with me scoring the sixth goal in the 8-2 game. My school has a game tonight that I hope we can win.

Bye and check tomorrow for Caden's post!

1 comment:

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.