Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday: The crazy week begins

Hello I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. Well if you all didn't send your entry to the Blue Jays contest, I'm sorry it's too late to send it because we are now on the voting round right now, just click on the Blue Jays Comp for info. But that doesn't mean you have to stop sending your concepts in just send them to hockeyconceptideas@gmail.com.

Here are the last batch of of the Blue Jays entries

Ricky M.

Alan H.


 Creighton Comp Voting ends this Saturday Dec 28

Last night I went to Wheatley for an hockey game it was fun to watch an Jr.C league game, the Sharks won the game, and may I say they have the best locker room that opens before they hit the ice.


With that out of the way, on to the concepts

Los Angeles Kings concept [by Matthew M.]
Up points: Nice idea of bringing back the purple, and gold back. The logo is well tweaked to the mix of classic and modern. It maybe the same template as the team's current white uniform, but with different collar on both of these jersey gives it more better look.
Down points: Nothing much say any bad about this one.
My Suggestion: The only thing is add purple trim around the logo on the gold jersey, that's all. 

Indy Fuel concept [by Caden P.]
 Up points: Good idea on using the checker stripes to give it a little fitting theme to the team. Using red as the team's main color followed by yellow and black.
Down points: The numbers on the back, and the small numbers on the front is standard block, while the TV numbers is SF Piezolectric, it doesn't really fit the jersey. The yellow collar looks O.K. on the dark jersey, but yellow collar on the white looks plain to me.
My Suggestion: Fix the fonts on the numbers, so they can be on the same page, the only thing that you can get away with two different fonts is nameplates. Add trim(s) to the collars to give some life to it. Lastly add the team's secondary logo on the shoulder.

Florida Panthers concept [by Matthew M.]
Up points: The design on the jerseys are well made. using the navy blue trim on the numbers for both home and road is an good move. Lastly red as the team's main color fit this team in a good way!
Down points: The front logo looks good, but it's only work on an alternate jersey to me. The road looks like it has less red on it to me.
My Suggestion: Put the full body panther with the broken hockey stick on these jerseys. On the road switch the navy blue and red stripes and it'll be complete.


Wheatley Sharks OHA Great Lakes Jr C Jerseys Concept [by me]
This is the Wheatly Sharks OHA Great Lakes Jr C Jerseys Concept. It’s pretty much a recolored Worcester Sharks concept just to fit the teams theme, their main crest is their own just add outer lines around the crest, the colors I gave them is navy blue, royal blue, red, and silver, and of course like most of junior C teams have a Canadian Flag on their yokes. This is what the team currently wearing right now.


Belleville Bulls OHL concept [by me]

This Concept I kept it simple made only 3 stripes on the hem, the wrist cuffs, socks, and V-neck those 3 stripes represent decades, over 30 years that this club been around, the main crest is their old crest they use since the beginning and they still use them for both their dark, and 3rd while their white jersey they got that cartoon bull, back to the concept the main crest is indeed the old bull just add trim around the crest and "Boom!" my Belleville Bulls concept.

Well that's today post. What do you think of my  Wheatley Sharks and/or my Belleville Bulls concept?

Until then Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkahs, Happy Kwanza, Happy Decemberween, Happy whatever Holiday you're celebrate.  I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the full body panther. It looks like a minor league logo. This logo looks more classy.

    ReplyDelete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.