Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday

Hey guys, Jake88 here on part of Caden being out of town, or at least thats what he told me. I have two concepts today, and would like to point out that I have a concept on HJC up for Concept Of The Week (COTW), wink, wink.

Kamloops Blazers (Jake88[me])
Both of the concepts I have today were made recently, and this one I made yesterday, although the idea has been in my head for a while. More back story, I would like to point out that last night when I finished this I showed it to Caden, he loved it, so that's why it's on today (I don't like to unveil concepts immediately). For this concept I wanted the "blaze" from the logo to cut into the striping and I think it works. The only thing I might change is the orange numbers on the blue jersey. By the way the strange yoke is for the New Jersey Devils.

HK Poprad (Jake88[me])
First I would like to say that the logo that was used here was made by a very talented Slovakian man named Rudolf Vychovaly (yes I know I credited him on the concept too). You can look up more of his great work here. About the concept, this team is from Poprad, Slovakia, and this template is one I have been playing around with. Since I made this concept today, I can't tell you much about it the only thing I am not sure about, but should do more often is the non-matching arm and hem striping. 

Remember to give your opinions in the comments, because I want to improve and if you have problems don't hesitate comment on it! I guess I should say (for the blog) that Caden's Warrior Cup Challenge comp. entry was on HJC today, and you can vote for it this week, while you vote for my Donbass Donetsk concept for COTW. 
Wait, why don't you vote for my Warrior Cup Challenge comp. entry, wink, wink.
Bye and have a good rest of your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.